Orthodontics in Bolingbrook, IL
Jaws and teeth that are misaligned can hurt your oral health, as well as your self-confidence. It’s harder to clean teeth that are misaligned, and this aspect increases your risk for gum disease and cavities. Many people with misaligned teeth find it harder to smile and talk freely, as they’re conscious of how their smiles look. Misaligned teeth may also interfere with proper speech.
Orthodontics is the specialized branch of dentistry that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of jaw and teeth misalignment, also known as malocclusion.
If you live in Bolingbrook, IL and have misaligned teeth or jaws, and are looking for dentists offering orthodontics near you, visit Sonrisa Dental + Orthodontics of Bolingbrook.
Common Orthodontic Problems
Sonrisa Dental + Orthodontics of Bolingbrook offers treatment for various orthodontic problems. The more common orthodontic issues that we treat at our dental offices include:
- Overbite. Also known as “buck teeth,” overbite is when the upper teeth stick out above the lower teeth.
- Underbite. An underbite is the direct opposite of an overbite and occurs when the lower teeth stick out under the upper teeth. This type of misalignment creates a bulldog appearance.
- Crossbite. A crossbite is a type of malocclusion whereby the upper and lower arches are misaligned laterally. That is, the upper and lower teeth don’t correctly align when you bite onto something.
- Open bite. An open bite is similar to a crossbite in that it involves improper alignment of the upper and lower dental arches. In the case of an open bite, significant space is left between your upper and lower teeth when you bite down onto something.
- Crowding. Your teeth may be said to be crowded if the space on your dental arches isn’t enough to accommodate your full set of permanent teeth, such that some grow on top of others.
- Spacing. Spaces or gaps between your teeth are known as diastemata. Diastemata is considered a form of malocclusion.
- Misplaced midline. A misplaced midline occurs when the centers of your upper and lower arches don’t align perfectly.
Orthodontic Treatments at Sonrisa Dental + Orthodontics of Bolingbrook
Our dentist in Bolingbrook, IL offers orthodontic treatments for the problems listed in the previous section. Visit us today to experience orthodontic treatment in a safe and welcoming environment that prioritizes your oral well-being above everything else. The kind of treatment that our dentist proposes is determined by the type and severity of your orthodontic problem.
Many of our patients usually require braces to correct their various forms of malocclusion. Braces are highly effective in orthodontic treatment. Besides braces, we also offer space maintainers, thumb-sucking and tongue-thrusting management appliances, clear aligners, oral splints, retainers, headgear, and lip and cheek bumpers.
If you want to learn more about orthodontics in Bolingbrook, IL or wish to receive treatment, call Sonrisa Dental + Orthodontics of Bolingbrook today.